Unless you’re a celebrity you’re not going to be able to create a website and leave it to generate traffic. You’re going to need to create content to drive traffic to your site. Your main goal is to generate leads, make sales, and earn profits. It’ll take a bit of work, but over time traffic will increase to your site.
Here are 7 tips in creating content, so traffic is driven to your site.
1. Update your blog. In the beginning, many people focus on one blog a day, and then when they have built up their readership, they’ll blog three times a week. This keeps your site fresh in the minds of your followers.
Don’t give them a chance to forget about your site by only blogging once a month, or worse, never.
2. Include backlinks in your blogging. When you write your articles, add links to your products, links to your other blogs, and even links to your social media accounts. Keep people on your site, don’t link to outside authorities.
3. Update your social media accounts. You want to have a good balance of being an authority in your field, but also promoting your products and services. Don’t just post links to memes and content that has nothing to do with your business—why promote someone else’s business or blog, when you have your own to promote?
4. If you’re posting content to your own blog, it doesn’t have to be all business. People enjoying reading about the person behind the site. Let them know that the site is run by a real person, not a robot, and they’ll be more likely to buy your stuff. And you can always throw in those backlinks to your products too.
5. Do it organically. Have you ever seen those websites with long lists of keywords? Google punishes them, so they get placed lower in search results. Don’t do that. Make your keywords flow within your text, rather than being awkward. If you have some tough ones, list them in the tags portion of the blog instead.
6. Check out this site right here. I have a blog full of information, as well as a way to get cheap advertising to direct traffic to your site.
I have tried all the methods posted, and understand what works, and what doesn’t work.
7. Create loyal customers. Don’t just try to generate new traffic or leads to your site, encourage your current customers to return as well. When they see the value of the content on your site they’ll return again and again. But don’t inundate with them information either. Stick to 3-5 times a week for the blog, and about 12 times a day for social media posts.
If you find traffic has been slow to your site, give the above six tips a try.
These tips on creating content to drive traffic to your site will assist you to build up your traffic, and help to generate more leads to your business.
Check out the other entries to the blog for great info and insight.
If you like this post, please share and feel free to comment below or contact me!